Safesearch.net is a browser hijacker which often comes embedded with many download applications and installer. The program Safesearch.net tens to come bundled with other programs so it is not easy for the computer users to control that. Once in, Safesearch.net hijacker can redirect your browsers, such as IE, Chrome and Firefox if victims visit other search engines. At first sight, you may think the site is a normal search system, but when you use it you will soon find out the truth. Many people get infected with Safesearch.net hijacker virus via free programs download or files sharing network, which are the tricks used by cyber criminals. When this infection stays inside for the longer periode, Safesearch.net will control all your web browsers and force you to visit some misleading unnecessary web domains. When you use the fake search engine, you will be lead to malicious sites and then related virus gets a chance to infect your computer. Then that infection may steal your personal information for there illegal activities.
* Safesearch.net installs without your consent
* Safesearch.net installs other types of spyware/adware
* Safesearch.net may hijack, redirect and change your browser
* Safesearch.net displays annoying popups while you surf the web
* Safesearch.net compromises your privacy and security
* Safesearch.net is difficult to uninstall
Safesearch.net infection is promoted through hacked sites that use exploits to install this program onto your computer without your permission. Once installed is it will display false error messages and security warnings on the infected computer.
Please understand, that Safesearch.net is scripted to show you these fake scan results regardless of the computer you are on and how clean it is. Therefore, do not be concerned by any of the scan results as they are only being shown to scare you into thinking that you have a serious computer problem.
How to remove Safesearch.net in safemode
It is possible that the Safesearch.net infection you are trying to remove will not allow you to download removal tool on the infected computer in normal mode. In such case, you need to restart your computer in "Safe Mode with Networking" to deactivate all virus process.
Restart your computer in “Safe Mode with Network.”
1. To do so, please restart your computer.
2. As your computer restarts but before Windows launches, tap “F8? key constantly.
3. Use the arrow keys to highlight the “Safe Mode with Networking” option and then press ENTER.
4. Please be patient while system loads in Safe Mode with Networking. This might take couple of minutes.
(If you don’t get the Safe Mode with Networking option, please restart the computer again and keep tapping “F8? key immediately.)
After getting into safe mode. Here is a Basic guide how to scan and clean your computer
Print out this post if you don’t have access to another computer, because all windows will be closed later during removal.
1. Download Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware, from the wesite.
2. When finish downloading, Save and close all open programs and browsers -> Double-click the downloaded file “mbam-setup.exe” to begin installation
3. Click continue and use the default settings through installation and when installation has finished make sure you leave both the – Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware checked -> Click Finish
4. Malwarebytes will now start and you will see a message stating that you should update the program before performing a scan. As Malwarebytes will automatically update itself after the install, you can press the OK button to close that box.
5. On the Scanner tab -> choose “Full system scan”
Malwarebytes will then scan your computer for spyware. The scan can take a long time, So I recommend you to do something else while scanning.
6. When the scan has finished click the “Show results” button -> A window displaying all the Malware found will be shown -> Click “Remove Selected” and Malwarebytes will start clean all the Spyware. Once the removal is done -> Press OK to restart
7. After restart your computer is now free of all Malware and Spyware.
NOTE, If your Fire fox and Internet Explorer does not work PLEASE use the following steps
Fire fox repair
Please perform the below steps on the virus infected computer. Open Firefox >> Click on Tools>> Click Options >> Click Advance >> Click Network >> Click Settings >> Check No Proxy >> Click Ok
Internet explorer repair
Please perform the below steps on the virus infected computer. Open Internet Explorer >> Click on Tools >> Click on Internet Options >> In the the Internet Options window click on the Connections tab >> Then click on the LAN settings button>> Uncheck the check box labeled “Use a proxy server for your LAN” under the Proxy Server section and press OK.
In case you are not allowed to run the above programs because your computer is infected, try the following online scanner
Run the free online scanner called ESET Online Scanner
Note: You need to use Internet Explorer for this scan.
When asked, allow the ActiveX control to install -> Click Start
Make sure that the options Remove found threats and the option Scan unwanted applications is checked -> Click Scan
Wait for the scan to finish -> Any infections found have now been removed.
Now you can proceed to run Malwarebytes.
Incoming Search Terms
Remove Safesearch.net, Safesearch.net removal, Safesearch.net, How to get rid of Safesearch.net, How to remove Safesearch.net, Delete Safesearch.net, Uninstall Safesearch.net